An Awesome Foursome? The Top 250 in 2017
Global Powers of Retailing Report 2017 - Deloittes
Deloittes recently published their annual report into the activities of the Top 250 Global Retailers. In 2017, four retailers active in Australia have dropped out of the Top 250, based on revenues. However, four new retail powers enter Australia.
The four retailers dropping out of the Top 250 (it takes 3.5 Billion USD of retail sales to make the top 250) were -
- Arcadia Group (TopShop et al.)
- Lagardère Travel Retail SAS (Airport locations such as Relay & Tech2Go)
- PRADA Group
- Groupe Vivarte (Kookai)
This year, we have some interesting new players, as seen in the news recently -
- The TJX Companies, Inc. - have dropped into the market by acquiring Trade Secret, with TJ-Maxx to ease its way in
- John Lewis Partnership plc - this UK department store is partnering with Myer and will debut as a 'store within a store'
- Décathlon S.A.- entry plans are yet unclear, but the French sporting goods and apparel group, carrying largely private labels, is searching for suitable large spaces for its traditional successful model
- Debenhams plc -the other UK department store settling in, hand in hand with Harris Scarfe
Retail will only become more interesting in its evolution this year. You can download the complete - and free - Deloittes report on the Global Top 250 with its emphasis on Australia here