Who's Too Hot? How To Lift Retail Profits in Today's Heat
Ouch! 38° in Melbourne today. Adelaide - full of visiting serious recreational cyclists for the Tour Down Under - is 40° and rising. And the western suburbs of Sydney have hit 43.6° this afternoon.
People out in this type of heat probably don't want to be out too long (other than enjoying the relief of an air-conditioned shopping centre). By quickly altering your in-store displays, you can help customers in two ways:
- Make it simple to find today's in-demand products
- Provide sensible suggestions for items that will help them in the heat
Consider providing very quick access to some of these items -
- Water at room temperature - quickly absorbed by the body - unlike refrigerated water
- Sports drinks can be beneficial - in this weather, you don't have to exercise to sweat
- Sunscreen - easy to forget, you can provide an important prompt by putting this in clear vision
- Shade - hats, caps, umbrellas - again, easily forgotten when going out
Euroswift offers many ways to create quick off-shelf displays. For bottled products, many retailers create a beverage tower, using our Mini Tanker Lite as a base, then stacking our PC Trays, as shown below. Whatever your business, consider how you can adapt to environment and circumstances locally, at the shop floor. It provides greater value to your customers and grows your bottom line.
*For Australian readers - this summer's heat can have serious consequences. Plan to stay safe and comfortable by following Severe Heat updates at http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/heatwave/
Steve Nelson believes in incredible retail spaces that sustain communities. Steve is a Retail Display specialist, who has worked with iconic retailers across the globe. As leader of Euroswift Retail Creations in Australia, his focus is delivering solutions and techniques that help retailers develop dexterity at the shop floor, to predict the needs of their local community and react rapidly. Connect with Steve on LinkedIn